St Mary's Food Bank
St. Mary's Food Bank partners with Wet 'n' Wild Phoenix
Wet 'n' Wild Phoenix partners with St. Mary's Food Bank at various times throughout the season. Check our website often for special offers.
Hunger Statistics (Courtesy St. Mary's Food Bank)
- Currently nearly 1 in 3 children, 1 in 5 Arizonans, and 1 in 7 seniors in Arizona live in poverty.
- Arizona's hunger rates are higher than national averages: 17.8% of Arizonans are food insecure, compared to 15.9% nationally, and 28.2% of Arizonan children face hunger, compared to 21.6% nationally.
- Arizona ranks third in the country for high child food insecurity rates, behind only New Mexico and Mississippi, with 456,760 children facing hunger on a daily basis.
- 2 million Arizonans are considered working poor, living at or below the Federal Poverty Guideline. This is the majority of those served by the Food Bank's emergency food box program.
- More than 40% of the households receiving emergency food assistance have at least one person who is working.